Sunday, August 12, 2012

School Year's Resolutions

Tomorrow is the first day of school for both of my kids. My 17 year old will be a senior and my 5 year old will be in Kindergarten. For those of you who just did the math in their heads, here goes:

Yes, my children are 12 years apart.

No, we didn't plan it that way.

Yes, they have the same father (and mother).

Yes, we understand what causes this.

No, we do not plan on doing this every 12 years.

Ok, so now that that's out of the way...

Every year I make "School Year Resolutions". This is going to be the year that I will be organized, prepared and everything will go like clockwork.  I will:

  • Make the kids go to bed at a decent hour
  • Make healthy breakfasts/lunches every day
  • Get up at a decent hour so we can be on time and clean
  • Check homework/paperwork every night
  • Keep in contact with teachers to make sure the boys are doing well
Unfortunately, I am so much better at planning than doing. I've never before been able to accomplish this with one kid in school, and now I've got two.

Please wish me luck. Or send lots of wine if you feel inclined to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment